Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today the conference was had the good fortune to be entertained by the Africia's Children of Hope Choir. These children exhibited a energy that I have never seen before. You have heard about the energizer bunny, well they reminded me of the energizer bunny. They kept going, going and going. With such energy being exibited the delegates and vistors of the conference could do not but to feed off of the energy. When watching these children perform and hearing where they came from, I could feel nothing more than hope and I truly believe that they are the future and the future is now. Not only were entertained by the Africian Children of Hope Choir but we were honored with an address from the President of Liberia, President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. Her message of hope was well received by the delegation. President Sirleaf told us that Africa is on it way back and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. She inspired us by letting us know that American will change and confirmed tht our world can be a future with hope and promise. I truly believe that The United Methodist Church is on it way to be a worldwide church and a church that anyone can feel welcome.

1 comment:

strong said...

I regret that I had to leave before Pres. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf gave her historic address at the 2008 United Methodist General Conference. I do ,however, feel great about your blogg and the view you expressed about her address. I commend you on your comments and appreciate the fact that your present a very positive attitude about Pres. Sirleaf. She is representative of so much that is right with the world and I pray God continue to bless and keep both you and Pres. Sirleaf.